Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow six weeks ago. Today we say goodbye to winter and hello to spring in Las Vegas! Spring equinox is on March 20th, 2014 at 9:57 PDT! On the equinox, night and day are nearly equal and the sun crosses the celestial equator from north to south! The equinox falls on March 2oth or 21st every year.
Spring folklore and Verse
- One swallow does not make a spring.
- Bluebirds are a sign of spring; warm weather and gentle south breezes they bring.
- In spring, no one thinks of snow that fell last year.
- Don’t say that spring has come until you can put your foot on nine daisies.
- Spring-time sweet! The whole Earth smiles, thy coming to greet.
Spring in Las Vegas. Tell me how you know it has arrived?
The above image is from a cherry blossom tree blooming at Floyd Lamb park, Las Vegas.