Retroscope Fashions Photography Shoot
I had the privileged of meeting Ms. Laura Jones, the owner of Retroscope Fashions, during a fashion photography shoot at Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours, Nelson, NV. I absolutely feel in love with Laura during our conversations. Laura is a very inspiring and personable business owner. It was honor to collaborate with Retroscope Fashions on their fashion photography session. Hope you love the images too!
Tell us a little bit about your company…
Retroscope fashion: Retroscope Fashions is a Las Vegas based family-owned online business run by Laura Jones (owner and designer) and Linda Fowler (head designer and seamstress extraordinaire). For the last 9 years, Retroscope has grown and evolved with our own brand of Victorian-hybrid clothing and mini hats which are worn by Steampunks, Victorian Aristocrats, and Goths worldwide. Our inspiration comes from historical garments, movies and a love for blending other eras with our Victorian base.
What really made your product take off?
When we introduced our signature “easy to bustle”, Bustle Skirt to our line, people went crazy for it! No one had ever seen anything like it.
Hopes for the future? (business and life)
We would like to be able to branch out into wholesale so that we can have some well deserved time off!
There are many aspiring entrepreneurs out there who are trying to take their passion and ideas to the next level.
What is one piece of advice you would give to them based on your own experiences and successes?
Everyone says that owning your own business is SO easy and you can just work a couple of hours a day and live on easy street. First of all, that is not true in any way, shape or form. You will work hard. You will be tired and feel unappreciated. Most of the time, you will also be short of money. I say to you, DON’T GIVE UP. If you truly love and/or believe in what you do, you can get through it all. Any day that I spend working for myself, doing what I love (no matter how difficult it may seem) is a thousand times better than working for someone else and having little say in your future. Make your mark, do something you’ll be proud of!
Love… Retroscope Fashions??
Here’s a chance for you to see Retroscope Fashions in person here in Las Vegas!!
to present the 3rd annual
“Photo Odyssey & Fashion Show”
at The Clark County Museum
on May 10th 2014
from 1 pm to 6pm
All proceeds of the Photo Odyssey & Fashion Show will gifted to the Clark County Museum!
- This is a great opportunity for all photographers to meet and shoot at an amazing venue with stylized models.
- Are you an aspiring or professional model? This is a great event to be a part of. There will also be wonderful networking opportunities with other creatives from the Las Vegas area.
* Tatyana was formerly known as Betty Paige Clothing
This was a phenomenal fashion photography session because of the collaboration of very talented creatives! I can’t thank them enough! There’s a part of all of us in the photographs!
The Retroscope Fashion Dream Team!
- Venue – Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours
- Vendor – Retroscope Fashion
- Vendor – Enchanted Florist
- Lead MUAH – Lindsey Dimick
- Model & MUAH – Stacia Heath
- Model – Sierra Denae Plehn and Fiance Justin
- Model – Falon Mei and Fiance Stephen
- Model – Lashonza Featherston and Starza Featherston
- Creative Director – Kit Rogers
- Photographer – Denise Burridge